dwg compatible what is new dwg 2018 tool palettes bim ifc rvt New facet modeler 3D meshes express tools point cloud digital signatures block editor start page print to PDF true autocad alternative sketch modes selection grips
CMS IntelliCAD® 9.1 is a major release that includes many new features and improvements.
One of the new major capabilities of CMS IntelliCAD 9.1 is attaching digital signatures to .dwg files and validating them. The interface on how to do it has been reworked with CMS IntelliCAD 9.1. Another is the new Block Editor that makes it easier to create and edit blocks. One more is creating palettes that contain blocks, similar to using a stencil for easily adding shapes to a drawing. There is also a new type of selection grip for users working with schematic drawings where precise scale or sizing is not required.
More CMS IntelliCAD 9.1 features include: print and publish drawings directly to PDF, click keywords at the command prompt, use a Start Page when the program launches, single-click to hide many user interface items at once and increase the drawing area, synchronize viewports, convert to mesh, convert to surface, show and hide edges of three-dimensional entities, view and edit system variables in the new System Variables Manager, and much more.
CMS IntelliCAD PE and PE Plus are now also able to attach version 2019 .rvt/.rfa files. CMS IntelliCAD PE Plus is also able to draw more AEC entities such as stairs, railings, and steel.
Vitor Neves, CMS President, stated, “CMS IntelliCAD 9.1 extends even further the advanced new features included in CMS IntelliCAD 9.0 allowing true CAD productivity increase. Professional users will find Sketch modes and Selection Grips as great examples on how IntelliCAD technology is focused on providing efficient and useful CAD tools.”
CMS IntelliCAD 9.1 is supported on Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 (64-bit only). ETOOLBOX Mobile CAD Viewer versions are available for Windows desktop and Google Android.
What's new in CMS IntelliCAD 9.0 / 9.0a
CMS IntelliCAD 9.0 is a major release that includes many new features and improvements, including native support for opening, editing, and saving 2018 .dwg files.
CMS IntelliCAD 9.0 boosts performance in many areas, with the most noticeable increase in speed during file saves. Now only modifications need to be saved to .dwg files, which makes for extremely fast saving especially for large .dwg files that contain only a few changes. Also some lingering issues related to running IntelliCAD on the Fall Creators 2017 Microsoft® Windows® update were fixed.
New features can be found in almost every area of CMS IntelliCAD. View Mechanical entities, attach point cloud .rcp/.rcs files, and export to .pdf files using many more options than before. Draw construction lines. Draw and modify 3D meshes using the new Facet Modeler for lightweight 3D drawings. Use a camera to view drawings. Add columns to multiline text. Use new express tools for blocks, external references, text, and editing. Reset dimension text and reassociate dimension text. And much more.
CMS IntelliCAD PE PLUS that now supports BIM files import as underlays, users can now attach .rvt/.rfa files; snap to, explode, and control display for categories, stories, and views in attached .rvt/.rfa files; import .ifc files as architectural entities (in addition to attaching these file types as before); and draw AEC entities such as walls, windows, doors, openings, and slabs.
Recent CMS IntelliCAD 9.0 update also includes several new features: add blocks to tool palettes for quick re-use, set the cursor to a gun sight crosshairs, toggle cursor colors and types on the fly, and chamfer and fillet edges of 3D solids.
Additionally, CMS IntelliCAD 9.0 is also now including the option to add digital signatures to .dwg files.
Other improvements and fixes are found in performance, working with files, drawing and editing, printing, and customization.
CMS IntelliCAD 9.0 is supported on Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 64-bit versions. ETOOLBOX Mobile CAD Viewer versions are available for Windows desktop and Google Android.
What's new in CMS IntelliCAD 8.4
CMS IntelliCAD 8.4 Premium Edition (PE) is a major release that includes many new features and improvements.
CMS IntelliCAD 8.4 Premium Edition (PE) boosts performance during screen redraw and while snapping in files with underlays. Running IntelliCAD on 4K monitors and switching between monitors with high resolutions is now supported.
New features can be found throughout IntelliCAD 8.4. Create entities with the new Multileader, Quick Leader, and Break Line commands. Add styles using the new Multileader Styles Manager and Multiline Style commands. Select entities using the new Select Similar and Get Selection commands. Explode entities with more precision according to entity type using the new Explode Text and Explode Attributes commands. Add more formatting to text using the in-place Multiline Editor and line spacing, lists, and paragraph justification. Add automatic numbering to text, multiline text, multileaders, or block attributes using the new Auto Number command. Get more information about your drawings using the new Drawing Properties command.
Get the .dwg 2018 file format support (on file open) at the also new CMS IntelliCAD 8.4 Premium Edition (PE) and Premium Edition Plus (PE+).
Another new feature is found in the updated Customize command which allows users to customize the user interface with less effort and share custom user interface settings easily between files and computers. You can drag-and-drop settings to customize menus; the ribbon, application button, and quick access toolbar (for IntelliCAD versions that support a ribbon); toolbars; keyboard shortcuts; and aliases.
Other highlights resulting from CMS IntelliCAD 8.4a include significant improvements to editing in-place blocks and external references, ability to select entities on locked layers, editing multiline text, additions to Russian and French translations, and new Dutch localization.
CMS IntelliCA D 8.4b include a more streamlined process for creating new drawings (there is a new QNEW command), new German (DEU) language resource files, and fixes for working with locked layers, multiline text, hatches, and more.
New in CMS IntelliCAD 8.4 - In focus
• Support for 4K monitors
• Boost in performance during screen redraw
• Improved performance for overlay snapping
• Edit your user interface with new CUSTOMIZE
• Create and edit MLeaders and MLeader styles
• Many new Express Commands:
• Select Similar
• Get Selection
• Break Line
• Explode Text
• Automatic Numbering and more!
What's new in CMS IntelliCAD 8.3
CMS IntelliCAD 8.3 is a major release that includes new support for the following: packaging drawings and their related files using the eTransmit command, adding gradient patterns to closed entities, improved ease-of-use for hatch patterns, creating filters for selecting entities, searching for files by clicking Tools > Find when using the Open command, easier access to saving workspaces, and more.
Also included are enhancements to the new in-place multiline text editor that was released last year, including paragraph alignment, symbols, alt-codes, stacked text, numbered lists, and unnumbered lists.
Major performance improvements to window selection, snapping, cursor movement, and muti-threaded drawing. In addition, a complete refactoring of PDF snapping improved performance to be hundreds of times faster than previous releases. Additional performance improvements for drawing new entities on top of large drawings.
Additionally, it includes 900+ improvements on existing features.
New in CMS IntelliCAD 8.3Working with Files
• Search for files when using the Open command by clicking Tools > Find.
• Package drawings and supporting files using the eTransmit command.
• More options are available for attaching point cloud files using the Point Cloud Underlay command.
• Hatch patterns now support gradients.
• New dialog box interface for the Boundary Hatch command.
• HATCHTOBACK command moves hatches to the back of the draw order.
• Show drawings on individual tabs in the main IntelliCAD window. Use the Options command, click the Display tab, then click MDI Options to specify settings for drawing tabs.
• For versions of IntelliCAD with a ribbon, workspaces are now easily accessible on the Quick Access toolbar.
• Easily save workspaces by clicking Workspaces in the status bar and choosing Save Current As.
• The Drawing Settings command has improved user interface that uses tabs instead of drop-down lists that were used previously.
• Added -MENUUNLOAD command line version.
• Select entities by creating filters using the Filter command.
• When using the Print command, you can now select print transparency.
• IntelliCAD 8.3 uses Teigha version 4.2.0 from Open Design Alliance.
• Major LISP upgrade (VL*, VLA*, VLAX* functions).
• Added or updated: DTEXTED, GFANG, GFCLR1, GFCLR2, GFCLRLUM, GFCLRSTATE, GFNAME, GFSHIFT, MDISTYLE, MTEXTED, TEXTED, TEXTEDITMODE, XCLIPFRAME.
What's new in CMS IntelliCAD 8.2
New in CMS IntelliCAD 8.2
Working with Files
• Export to a 3D .pdf file. (PE Plus Only)
• Export to a 2D .pdf file now includes new compression modes, image clipping, and gradient hatches.
• For .pdf, .dwg, and .dgn underlays, new support includes monochrome, fade, background color adjust, show, and show clipped properties.
• Export to a .bmp file now supports visual styles.
• Some versions of IntelliCAD include the ability to open, save, create, and edit .dgn files
• Increased performance when working with many external references.
• Increased performance for PDF creation and reduction of resulting .pdf file size
• Increased selection performance in drawings with complex blocks.
• Improved pan and zoom speed for very large drawing files.
• New CACHEFILES will externally cache layout data to enhance layout switching performance and memory usage.
• New multiline text editor allows users to edit multiline text in place. However, not all multiline text features are implemented in the new editor. To switch to the older dialog box version of the multiline text editor, set the MTEXTED system variable to "oldeditor".
• New Field command allows users to create a field as multiline text.
• The ribbon interface now includes context sensitive menus, menu groups, panel expanders, CUI versioning support, ability to show/hide panels and tabs, and can be customized using the CUSTOMIZE command.
• New license manager. Self service License Transfer or License Borrowing option.
Working with entities
• New dialog box for the REFEDIT command and new -REFEDIT command
• New dialog box for the ARRAY command and new -ARRAY command.
• New TEXTTOFRONT command moves text, dimensions, and leaders to the front of other entities.
Viewing and rendering drawings
• Users who previously used Ctrl + Left mouse click and drag to orbit the drawing should now use Shift + Middle mouse (or wheel) click and drag to orbit. Ctrl + Left mouse click and drag now supports the standard Windows copy selected entities feature. Simply Ctrl + Left mouse click and drag a selection to make a copy.
• New integration with Artisan Renderer on all CMS IntelliCAD 8.2 versions allows users to quickly create a photo-realistic image of models using a wide range of pre-set materials and lighting setups combined with the ability to create custom lights and realistic materials.
• New commands VPMAX and VPMIN allowing users to maximize and minimize viewports.
• The Properties pane now supports more entities and additional properties, such as light entities and light properties, material properties, etc.
. • For IntelliCAD versions that include a ribbon, the ribbon now includes context sensitive menus, menu groups, panel expanders, CUI versioning support, ability to show/hide panels and tabs, and can be customized using the CUSTOMIZE command.
• Entity snapping for underlays are now accessible using the Options command.
• New BCOUNT command counts the number of blocks in a selection set.
• New IMAGEFRAMEMODE command controls whether image frames are visible and printed.
• New command line version commands: -MENU and -MENULOAD.
• IntelliCAD 8.2 uses Teigha version 4.1.1 from the Open Design Alliance.
• Updated .NET API with new functions
• .NET plugins can now be autoloaded.
• Many new LISP functions.
• Added or updated: ARTISANLICENSE, AUDIONOTETOOLTIP, BLOCKCACHE, CACHEFILES, CACHEMAXFILES, CACHEMAXTOTALSIZE, DGNOSNAP, DRAWINGTYPE, DTEXTED, DWFOSNAP, HYPERLINKBASE, LAYLOCKFADECTL, ORBITPREVIEWDELAY, PDFOSNAP, RENDERPLANARENTS, SHOWGRIPMENUS, SKETCHMODE, UNDERLAYFADEDEFAULT, WNDCUSDLGPOS, WNDCUSDLGSIZE, WSAUTOSAVE, XDWGFADECTL, XFADECTL.
• Removed: AUDIONOTE, CTRLMOUSE, and HYPERLINKICON.